NOVO Development LLC
Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing excellent resident service through daily maintenance projects as assigned by the direct supervisor. The position ensures the proper physical and mechanical upkeep of the assigned properties of the portfolio by performing general interior and exterior maintenance tasks, as necessary. This position requires flexibility, initiative, and the ability to confidently oversee the maintenance functions of the portfolio. Punctuality, professionalism, and strong customer-service skills are also needed to support the initiatives of this position. The ability to exhibit attributes that support NOVO’s code of ethics of professionalism by positively representing yourself and NOVO in written and verbal interactions with customers, clients, colleagues, and management is also a requirement for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish working relationships with supervisors (PM or Maintenance), residents, and vendors.
- Respond to maintenance requests, using work tickets to track calls.
- General grounds and interior maintenance, including walking the interior and exterior of the property, daily rounds for trash pick-up, and when applicable, shoveling snow and spreading ice melt.
- Check all mechanical and electrical equipment, valves, and other components to assure the building has continuous heat or air conditioning, power, and hot water.
- Perform basic HVAC preventative maintenance, including filter and belt changes, coil cleaning, control setting, and assisting with complex repairs.
- Maintain building lighting, including light fixture, bulb, and ballast replacements, which may involve the use of extension ladders.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair apartment appliances, including, but not limited to; dishwashers, ranges, refrigerators, microwaves, washers, dryers, garbage disposers and water heaters.
- Maintain basic plumbing fixtures and plumbing issues. This includes replacing faucets, toilets, toilet flappers, showerheads, diverters, fluid masters, and all other plumbing as the property requires.
- Complete, as needed, minor drywall repairs and painting in units and/or common areas.
- Maintain and repair doors, locks, windows and screens, as needed.
- Correct emergency conditions such as flooding, sewer backup, and equipment malfunctions. This includes problem resolution and cleanup during and after corrective action has been taken.
- Oversight of daily contracted services, including cleaning and porter operations, painters, landscapers, and other contracted services.
- Maintain building files and records relevant to building operations and tenants. Maintain supplies, tools and equipment inventory, maintenance and service records, and building specification manuals and blueprints.
- Assistance with moving or removal of furniture, file cabinets, boxes, equipment, and other duties as assigned.
- Respond to all resident maintenance requests in a timely and courteous manner
- Adhere to safety protocols when completing maintenance tickets to ensure the safety of yourself and residents.
- Follow all COVID-19 safety measures to include practicing social distancing, wearing face coverings, and washing your hands before entering and after leaving a resident or any NOVO property.
- Provides timely communication maintenance concerns or trouble tickets with Property Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :